Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 54: Food Poisoning Strikes Again.

Staph Aureus strikes again. The world has a whole new perspective when you're taking a clinical microbiology course. Every sniffle, semi-sore throat, or loose stool, and you're wondering what could it be? My lab group and I tried to puzzle out an unknown bacteria this past week. Made a streak plate, took a gram stain. (I wish I could have taken a picture of the beautiful gram stain that I took.) At this stage it's probably moraxella catarrhalis. It causes respiratory infections, no big deal, right. As fun as playing with pathogenic bacteria is, I've decided that I would rather take microbiology as a faith based course. Tell me that it exists and I'll believe you. I don't need to see it for myself.
Anyway.
Allison went out to eat today and caught a nasty bug in her tummy. While Allison is puking her guts out in the bathroom, I am posting for her. Since, she hasn't felt good all day, she didn't get a picture in, so I dug through the archives and found this gem.




No comments:

Post a Comment