Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51: Proud of Boyd

There are no words for this picture


I promise we are not wii junkies or completely addicted to video games. I just have a very talented husband who can bowl a perfect game.

Over Christmas break, Boyd played wii with Micah and I would hear fits coming from the family room. Apparently Micah would blow up because he wasn't as good as uncle Boyd . . . Even though he was only missing ONE PIN! He would get 99 out of 100 for cryin out loud and still be red in the face because he wasn't "as good as Boyd". The same thing happen to Emelie, only she would cry. These poor kids don't realize who they are playing against! We tried to tell them that it's because Boyd practices a lot and that this is their first time, but apparently getting 99 out of 100 pins is upsetting when you are just a chill bean (child).

This is not the only reason why I'm so proud of Boyd. This week was the week of relaxation. Two weeks ago was exam week. What a nightmare! I thought it would never end. Even though I'm not the one taking the exam I still get really bad anxiety. Plus, I was tired of having words like popliteal artery stuck in my head all day. Boyd made it through exam week like a champ and even managed to do well on most of his exams (minus one, that everybody else in his class failed, literally). Even though Boyd didn't think he was going to do well in microbiology, he still got a B and that is better than most of his class. The thing that makes me the most proud of Boyd is that he still has his priorities straight. While other students would spend endless hours at school and in lab studying, Boyd puts his family first. We spent the weekend before exam week down in Columbus for Florence's baby blessing and during exam week Boyd would make sure he was still spending time with me. I'm grateful for a husband who does better than most students and still has his priorities in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment