Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 46: Warmth in February

We finally had a truly warm and sunny day after months of overexposure to snow and frigged temperatures. For Boyd it was a day of, as he puts it, "Relaxation. Experimentation. Inspiration."
Boyd is in desperate need of relaxation after last week. He had an exam Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and a quiz yesterday. Yuck! They weren't easy exams either.

Here are some pictures that Boyd experimented with:


This one is edited and the one below isn't.

He was trying to capture more light and color with the manual settings of the camera.

The icicles are crazy out here. We live in a 2 story building and sometimes the icicles from the roof go all the way down to the ground! Every time I look at them I think to myself what if one of those fell on someone's head?
Now that it is warming up the icicles present a new excitement.They also make crazy sounds when they fall. Boyd and I will be sitting in our living room in the afternoon and hear CRACK, smash, thump. It sounds like someone is falling off our roof and falling into our window.

This is "Boyd's post" since he did the pictures for today. He wanted to post different pictures but I wouldn't let him because they were pictures of me and I thought I looked fat, plus I have been breaking out really bad. I guess it is time to hit the gym again.

2 comments:

  1. We get crazy icicles along the edge of the roof of our apartment complex too. Sometimes when they get really bad we just go out with a broom and drag it along to knock them all down. We always worry that they will just fall and hit someone in the head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a super good idea! I wish we could do that but ours are like 2 feet thick icicles. Where are you guys living right now?

    ReplyDelete