Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 45: Happy Valentine's Day

It's about time for a Hong family tradition to be posted.
One of my favorite things to do is watch old family home videos (yes videos). Every Valentine's Day we would find cards at our seats in the kitchen. In one particular video we got McDonalds coupons and later on went to McDonalds. For us, going to McDonalds was a big deal, because we went about once a year.
Fast forward 20ish years to Valentine's Day at BYU.
All four of the Hong kids were living together in our condo and we decided to keep up the McDonalds tradition.
So there we were 4 college kids excited to go to McDonalds on Valentine's day.
Now that Boyd and I aren't in Utah we still decided to keep up the tradition and go to McDonalds and I got my Valentine's Day Happy Meal.
The funny thing about where we are currently living is that everything has to have a colonial style to it. Our McDonalds is crazy fancy. It has two levels, giant windows, and chandeliers everywhere. Even my Happy Meal feels fancy.



Yay Happy Meals! I got a My Little Pony toy. It's great feeling like a kid!


Boyd must be in deep thought before he eats his lunch.


Boyd told me to do the same and pretend that I was in deep thought.


Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun tradition!

2 comments:

  1. What fun tradition! Where are you guy living again? I think I told you this, but Matt served his mission in Cleveland, OH and the surrounding areas. I think I remember you saying you were going to Ohio somewhere...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! We are in Brecksville which is about 20 min south of Cleveland. What cities did Matt serve his mission in?

    ReplyDelete