Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 240: Indians Vs. Royals

Final
Indians: 8
Royals: 7


This was a super fun game to be at (not to mention we got some pretty cool free mugs). Boyd was such a huge Indians fan as a kid. Jim Thome played 3rd base when the Indians were successful in the 90's. Now he is playing for the Indians again and we got to see his first home run after rejoining the team. This game totally had its ups and downs, but we are super glad it ended with the Indians on top.

Thanks Dad Bills for giving us these tickets. He got them from work and we were the lucky recipients. We had 4 tickets, but Beth and Scott couldn't make it. Boyd and I loved having the extra space on either side. From now on we might just consider purchasing two extra tickets every time. 


Do you like my shirt? Boyd bought it for my birthday but it came in the mail a few weeks ago. It was such a popular shirt that it was back ordered from May. I'm so glad it came and I really wanted a picture of it. We had some struggles with our point-and-shoot and getting both of us centered that we took this picture about 10 times. Boyd is such a sport! 

I was so tired by the end of the game that I made us leave after the 7th inning. We just got home from camping today, helped someone move, made a Costco run (which is very exhausting), and then went to the game (plus I still had a lesson to plan when we got home). Needless to say we were both very tired. You can see it in my eyes, I have tired eyes. Anyway, on our drive home we were listening to the game and we missed the game winning home run. I'm so lame. BUT, we did get to see the filming of the new Avengers Movie! We were trying to get home and drove past the set! How cool is that!

1 comment:

  1. You know, by now you'd think that the Indian on your shirt would be frowning since the Indians have been losing for sooo long : )

    ReplyDelete