Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 218: For A Worthy Cause

Today I donated blood for the first time. I have never met the weight requirements in the past (which are ridiculous. I'm pretty hefty and I still barely met the requirements today.) I was terrified. A while back I had to get my blood drawn. I was traumatized because of that experience. It was my first time getting my blood taken and the nurse's first time taking blood from a real patient. Needless to say I was a bit hesitant. So, what was my motivation? Boyd heard from a friend, from school that if you gave blood they would give you a free ticket to Cedar Point, the amusement park with the biggest, tallest, fastest roller coasters in America (if not the world.) Am I a bad person?

Boyd's arm


My Arm
I was so worried when I got there. They were running the iron test on me and told me that I didn't have enough iron in my blood. I even cheated and took an iron pill last night, and ate as many irony foods as I could. I was still way under the requirement. The only thought that ran through my head was "but I want my ticket." Luckily, my left finger decided to have enough iron in it and I passed the test. I'm so glad we got our Cedar Point tickets. I mean, I'm so glad we gave blood today, after all, it is a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment