Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 224: YELP!!!

Today Boyd and I decided to spend some time in the sun and practice for Boyd's Alumni Soccer Game coming up next weekend. As we were kicking the ball around Boyd kicked it over the fence. So, naturally he hopped over and kicked the ball back. As the ball was coming back, it hit this tree and out flew a bunch of angry wasps! I have never heard Boyd scream like a girl before. He got stung so fast and wasn't expecting it that his throat constricted and he let out a (very loud) YELP!!! {Boyd later commented that he has been hanging out with me too much and that is why his scream sounded so girly.} Literally, he screamed YELP! He then yelled RUN! Because I'm ridiculously allergic to bees, yellow jackets, wasps, mosquito, anything with a stinger. . . . Poor Boyd is pretty much delirious right now and can't wait to recover from his injuries. He has 3 or 4 sting marks on his elbows and one on his bum (haha, just like a cartoon.)

So after the dramatic event, we pulled up next to the tree and took a picture of the wasp's nest from inside our car. As we were sitting in our car a bunch of wasps attacked it. We could hear them thumping against the windows, the doors, the roof, and windshield. I was scared and didn't dare roll down the window. That is why this picture is so far away.

p.s. "Do you see that sky today? Talk about blue"- The Emperor's New Groove. I love days like today, warm sun, cool breeze, no clouds. I wish every day could be like today.

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY with I could have been there...from a safe distance:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Boyd! Would've loved to hear that scream though. By the way, I think you get extra cool points for quoting the Emperor's New Groove in your post!

    ReplyDelete