Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 365: The End

I can't believe I am coming to an end of my goal to do a picture a day. It has been a fantastic experience. I think it has opened my eyes to seeing the good in everything. Posting daily has made me feel like I'm accomplishing something even when I felt like I hadn't done anything that day. Having to post made us go out and do things, rather than sitting around, so I would actually have something to write about. It has made me appreciate living in Ohio. I went from hating everything about Ohio to loving everything about Ohio. I'm pretty sure that the next time, or anytime for that matter, we move I will have to start a daily blog again, just to appreciate my new surroundings.  I have seen myself change, hopefully for the better. I am proud of myself for setting such a lofty goal and sticking to my goal and actually getting it done. Looking back I think my photography has improved by leaps and bounds from taking so many pictures (also with the help of some photographer friends). I started this blog hardly photoshopping my pictures. In the middle I actually took the time to edit all my picture I posted. Towards the end I got lazy again and now they are back to square one, straight out of the camera, although much improved since I have now learned to use my camera.  I am grateful for a husband who has helped me reach my goal on those days that I just couldn't post. Part of me is sad I won't be posting daily next year, part of me is relieved. I will still try to post regularly because I love looking back and seeing all the fun thing we have done. Who knows what the future has in store, all I know is that I will be writing about it.

 
Last year I made a list of goals I wanted to accomplish.

 
Goals:
  • Post a picture a day for one whole year - Check
  • Finish my independent study class  - Check
  • Loose weight - Check (Lost 20 lbs this year)
  • Have a baby - Maybe next year
  • Get out more  - Check
  • Go and do fun things - Check
  • Go to:
    • The Melt - Chec
    • A polish restaurant - Maybe one day we'll find on
    • Find a Romanian store  - Check (Boyd talked to the lady who owned the store for 45 minutes
    • Thurman’s cafĂ© - Next temple tri
    • A show -Check, saw Les Miserables, it was incredible.
    • Air Force Museum - Someday. Maybe in 201
    • D.C. - We'll get ther
    • New York - Before we leave this is a mus
    • Chicago - Almost. Our friends did.
    •  Disney World - We will this coming March! (I'm so stoked
    • Camping  - Chec
    •  Amish Country - Chec
    •  Find the covered bridges - Ran out of tim
    • Indian’s Game  - Chec
    • Columbus Crew Game - Check (Thanks for joining us Carrie and Kelly
    • What about Bob’s - Sandwiches, someday I will taste you
    • The Cleveland Zoo  - Chec
    • The Columbus Zoo - One da
    • The Cincinnati Zoo - Still have to go see those penguin
    • The Akron Zoo - We're so lame, it is so close
    • The Toledo Zoo - Maybe our next road trip will take us there.
  • Buy the Nikon 18-200 Lens  - Check (LOVE IT!)
  • Buy a piano - Meh, the piano goal turned into a keyboard, which I will purchase in the near future to finish my upcoming piano class.
  • Buy a sewing machine  - Check (did a bunch of awesome/fun projects this year)
  • Buy a new TV -  - Check (Thanks Santa! We got a 46" LED 3D TV for Christmas)
  • Get a new job - Check

I took this picture while I was at my parents house. This sunset was stunning. (minus the haze) Do not mind the cheese factor, but I felt like this was an excellent parallel to by blog. After a long day (for the sun) and a long year (for me) it ended beautifully.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could let the Broderick's tag along on some of your adventures. Great news about the TV! Hopefully you didn't have to pack that on the plane :)

    ReplyDelete