Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 362: Las Vegas Trip

My Nging Nging (grandma) has always wanted to go to Las Vegas.
So we went. Nging Nging is so cute. She brought her gambling money in a little plastic sandwich sack. She had a little over $2 that she was going to gamble away.

My family doesn't gamble. Period. We all felt like a bunch of idiots when we couldn't figure out how to work those dang blinking machines. It doesn't make sense! You put the money in, then suddenly a bunch of buttons lite up, but how are you supposed to know which ones to push? The next thing you know, the buttons aren't all lit up anymore and suddenly the $1 you put in is gone. Gambling is stupid. I'm pretty sure my dad and Boyd are trying to figure out what is going on in this picture.

So why does my family always go to Vegas? 
That is a silly question. 
To eat.
We sure do love our food
 All I could think about were crab legs on our drive down.
 Of course we had to stop by Belagio and see the water show.





 Do you see the cool arch? Well, it is actually a stream of water. 
Nathan couldn't resist. You can tell that he had already done this a few times based on the drops of water on his jacket.
You give that bear a high five!

If you want to know if that gigantic, gorgeous tree is real, it was.
I'm always so impressed with their displays. This bear was made out of 5,000 carnations. 
I'm not sure why Boyd took this picture.

Nging Nging decided to try her luck one more time on a different machine. 
 She spent a grand total of $3 and won a whole 10 cents!
She told us that she was done gambling. 
p.s. The lever really didn't work. She just wanted to pull on it.

I was thinking about it and I have come full circle. My blog started with Las Vegas and it is ending with Las Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are having fun! We miss you. My sister-in-law lives in Vegas. I'm a little jealous you got to go (for the food). I would have no idea how to gamble either.

    ReplyDelete