Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 352: Old School Family Picture


I found this ornament when I was decorating the tree this year. It's pretty funny and really old.

Once upon a really long time ago my dad had a Mexican mustache. He also had snow white hair, or at least as long as I could ever remember. (Actually right after this picture was taken he just went grey) One day he decided to rid himself of the stache and the white hair and came home a changed man. When I was about 10 years old  he walked in the door I thought some guy had broken into our house. I had no clue who he was! It scared me and I wouldn't have been able to recognize him to save my life. To make a long story short. I haven't seen the Mexican mustache since and he quite enjoys not being called our "grandpa" anymore.

Side note: My dad just participated in the latest LDS Mormon Message that was put out called "wise men still seek him" When he arrived on set the director just stared at him and then asked, very politely, "didn't you have white hair in your head shot?!?!" Needless to say, the women in charge of hair that day made an extra trip to the local convenience store to purchase white colored hair spray, like the kind you use during Halloween. Apparently my Dad just grew younger in the last 10 years.
You can see the video here

1 comment:

  1. That is one attractive 'stache your dad is sporting. ;) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete