Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 274: Blueberry Panny Cakes

I love breakfast for dinner. Tonight we had pancakes, with a twist. . . 

At first this might look like a normal pancake. 
Look again. 
Under that blueberry goodness is a slice of white cheddar cheese. 

Weird? Yes! Tasty? Yes!  Crazy? Yes! 

It all started with Boyd making blueberry syrup. He wanted to empty our freezer and decided to use up the rest of the blueberries. He was really hungry and I wasn't making pancakes fast enough so he made himself a white cheddar cheese quesadilla. (side note, I love white cheddar. I think it is so yummy) As he was making/eating his quesadilla he decided to dip it in the blueberry syrup he was making. What a discovery! It sounded like a crazy idea, but is honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten! We decided to take it one step further and put the cheddar on our pancakes with the blueberries. Think what you may, but I think this may be a new Bills family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment