Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 244: African Safari Wildlife Park

Yesterday Boyd and I went to the African Safari Wildlife Park in Sandusky. Wow! It was so much fun! Boyd, my wheelin' and dealin' husband, got us a great deal. He got our tickets for the Safari Park for $5 a piece on groupon. Our trip to Sandusky was supposed to cost $36 for the Safari Park and $100 for Cedar Point (remember how we got free tickets?). Our trip that was supposed to cost us $136 was only $10!

The African Safari Wildlife Park was so much fun! It is a drive through in your own car and feed the animals type of place. It was very close and personal. Take a look. . .

I changed the caption on this sign. It originally said something about buying a season pass and something about the gift shop, but considering the safari guy's hand position, I thought the caption "Please do not pick the animal's noses!" would be more appropriate. 


THE LLAMAS

Notice Boyd's window is still up. 

As soon as they see the cars, they come running.

This guy was crazy. I have a funny video of him (coming soon)

NEXT UP
THINGS WITH ANTLERS


I only screamed a little, ok maybe a lot, when this guy stuck his head in our car! Gross!

Ok, I totally broke the rules. You actually aren't supposed to feed the animals by hand. 
The good news is I still have all 10 of my fingers.
It's like the coordinated not looking. 


THINGS WITHOUT ANTLERS






THE BUFFALO!
That's right, Buffalo!!!

Do you see the look of fear on Boyd's face! That is a BIG buffalo

Am I screaming again?  You becha!

The fear is real, I promise. 
But they are actually quite gentle. 
They just seem really big, and really scary!
Do you see the drool? Gross! Our poor car.

Funny thought. When my family went on a trip to yellowstone, they rangers always would talk about staying clear of the buffalo. How they are extremely dangerous and do not even get within hundreds of yards. Well park rangers, I pet a buffalo! They are surprisingly gentle. But I'm sure there is a big difference between these and wild buffalo.

After the buffalo we saw some cool African animals, but couldn't feed these ones. 
 The had a white zebra! Crazy!


GIRAFFES

That's right! We got to feed and pet a real giraffe! WOW!

The giraffes were very good a posing for me!



This is the car in front of us. 

Then it was our turn! How cool is this!

This is the "did I seriously just feed a giraffe" look.  Do you see his tongue! Crazy!



Last But Not Least

THE ZEBRAS!


 This guy was such a ham!

But he was only making this face because he wanted me to feed him


Look at that smile!
If there is one thing I realized its that zebras are so so so beautiful up close! I couldn't believe it! I think they are just gorgeous!


I told you this place was awesome!
The End.

3 comments:

  1. Crazy animals!! That white zebra is nuts! Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. We need to take the girls there. They would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. i kind of giggled at some of these pictures--they are hilarious! and i love that you changed the caption on the sign (the first picture on the post)...ah, allison. you crack me up. looks like a really fun place!

    ReplyDelete