Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 135: Rain Boots

I did it. I broke down and purchased rubber rain boots.
Why didn't anyone warn me that it rains all the time here?




One day Boyd and I were driving and I commented about how it was pouring rain and Boyd said "this is nothing." Then, two seconds later, it looked like somebody was dumping buckets of water on the windshield and then Boyd said "Now it's pouring rain."


Today for the first time every I heard the annoying
EEEAAARRRR EAAAAARRRRD EEEAARRD sound on the radio
and didn't hear the "this is just a test of the emergency broadcast system" This was for real! What?!?! Apparently there was some flash flooding and they were telling people to stop driving and if you live by a river beware or something like that. I couldn't believe it! For the first time ever I didn't think that sound on the radio was annoying. Just the other day Boyd was driving home from a friend's house and he said there was at least 4" of water on the road. So it is for real.

It apparently rained enough tonight because THIS is what we came home to. . . .

Our parking lot tends to flood so I obviously had to take a picture of it sometime. It's practically the size of a small lake. This is actually the reason why I got my boots. Because there was no way for us to get to our cars if I weren't wearing boots. Anyway, we just spent the last hour taking pictures outside. . . in the dark . . . my husband loves me . . . even when I make goofy faces . . .


2 comments:

  1. Cute boots. We saw flooding on the on ramp to the 480 off of ridge yesterday. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those exact same boots! Good choice! I got them to be able to walk from my parking lot to my lab at school without getting soggy feet--

    ReplyDelete