Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 123: Hello Lightroom

Recently a friend recommended I should use Adobe Lightroom. Boyd and I got online and used the free trial to see if this is what we really want. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Oh Me Oh My! Here are some before and afters. (Click on the picture to see the large view, then you can truly appreciate the difference) The biggest difference is that the lightroomed pictures have a significantly less amount of noise. wow.

So I went through some of my sister's bridals I had taken way back in August and here is the difference.


Before

After!



Before

After


This last one is my favorite! Just look at their skin!

The original (straight out of the camera)
With a bit of photoshop (and I thought that this was actually a good picture 9 months ago! Ugg)


With Lightroom


Just imagine, if I've improved this much in 9 months, just think about how good I'll be at photography when I'm some 90 year old biddy!

3 comments:

  1. Ok...so you need to teach me all about lightroom and the benefits of having it. I've heard random things here and there and I'm really thinking about it. We should just chat photography sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I think I can get you a discount if you want the full program (one of the few perks left to being a teacher…)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures look good, but I have to admit that I don't like the grass in the last one. It looks too neon to me and seems fake. I am no photographer, but it seems like the second one is a good balance of realistic colors with the benefits of some clarity stuff.

    ReplyDelete