Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 134: Indians Game

Did you know that sometimes the Lord answers prayers though baseball games?

First of all, last night I prayed so hard that it wouldn't rain. We had been planning on this game for so long and when I checked the weather it said it was going to rain. This morning I checked it and it said it was going to rain at 5:00 p.m. I checked it again at 5 and the storm got pushed back till 11, when we left for the game the storm got pushed back again till 12. There wasn't a single drop of rain! But as soon as we stepped in the door we could hear it pouring down.

My next answer to my prayer came when the Indians won in the 9th inning!
Bottom of the 9th
Indians down 4 to 3
2 Outs
With a runner on 3rd.
Travis Hafner steps up to the plate
He fouls off the first pitch with a big cut but wasn't about to miss the second one
Hafner crushes a walk-off home run 400+ feet to center field
Giving the Indians the victory on Friday the 13

Boyd's prayer was answered because I had a good time at the game. He told me that deep down inside his heart he wanted me to enjoy my first major league baseball game.


Dollar Dog Night! Can it get any better?





Our perfect little evening ended with some super fun fireworks.



1 comment: