Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 129: Happy Mother's Day

Thank you to both of my Moms for being so wonderful!
We got to spend the afternoon with Mom Bills and I'm so impressed with how many phone calls she got! Wow! I've never seen a phone ring that. She is very loved!

Happy Mother's Day!



Funny story from church today:
Today our in our church things were being switched around with leaders and such. The people who normally would stand in the hall to lend me assistance were unable to help me out with potty breaks. Two of my girls said that they had to go potty. So I took my whole class down to the bathrooms to go potty. The boys ran to the boy bathroom and at that very moment I wish there were two of me. I quickly grabbed another teacher and asked her to go to the boys bathroom and pull them out and watch them for me. I then proceeded to enter the girls bathroom where I had to hold the door open with my foot to keep an eye on the rest of my class. Then one of the girls told me her bathroom stall would not lock, so there I was all stretched out try to hold the door open with my foot and hold the stall door closed. Then the girl in the middle stall told me she needed help holding her dress. . . No biggie. I just leaned forward, holding on to dear life with my left hand on the stall, foot in the door, and helping my girl out with her dress. Then it happen. . . The girl I was helping told me "my bum is wet" and as I looked down the toilet was overflowing! AHHHH! Sometimes I wish I had a camera on my at all times, because I wish I could have seen the expression on my face! So with my right hand I pulled her up off of the overflowing toilet, still holding the stall and the door and very carefully placed here in a spot that wasn't covered in toilet water. *sigh*

Also, our lesson was on keeping the sabbath day holy. I kept asking the kids what day of the week it was and their response was "MOTHERS DAY!!!" no no no, what comes after Monday? "Tuesday" What comes after Tuesday? "Wednesday!" right, now what come after Saturday? "MOTHERS DAY!!!" Uggg, I couldn't get it into their little heads that TODAY was SUNDAY (and mother's day) Talk about one of the hardest lessons I have ever had to teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment