Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 108: I'm thankful for birds

Today's lesson, in sunbeams, was I'm thankful for birds. I spent who knows how long last night folding these little birdies. Then today in class I unfolded them and let the kids think that they made the birds themselves. Sometimes I wonder if they are really listening to me. Today while they were doing their coloring page I told them the story of Elijah and how he ran away from the wicked king Ahab and how Jesus told the bird to go and feed Elijah. Non of the kids looked up or even gave me a sign that they were listening. During play-dough time I told them to make birds and then proceeded to ask them "So what did Jesus tell the birds to do?" My little Mitchell (who is my only boy) didn't look up, didn't blink, just replied "Jesus told the bird to feed Elijah. I'm making cookies for everybody" I'm glad something is sinking in! These kids are hilarious and I absolutely love my calling.


No comments:

Post a Comment