Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 201: Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts

Tonight for the Young Women activity I was in charge. Yikes! This was my first time and I had to teach about Virtue. Yay. . . Boyd came up with the brilliant idea of letting virtue "garnish" thy thoughts. So after a day of watching youtube videos, Boyd and I learned how to make a few garnishes. It was a lot of fun, I actually quite enjoyed it. I taught this new skill to the young women and afterwards people asked me if that is how I get Boyd to eat his veggies. Ha ha


These are carrots. You take the whole thing, cut small wedges on all 4 sides of it, then just cut it into circles. The middles are blueberries. The stems are green onions that are sliced real thin.


I loved making these. These are carrot tulips. Super easy, and super cute!

My lime butterfly

These crazy flowers turned out great! It is a green and a yellow zucchini. You just use the vegetable peeler and cut thin, long, strips. Then you lay the yellow on top of the green and make small, diagonal, incisions along the colored edge (about 1/4 in) then you just roll them up! How fun is that!

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea! I may steal it… just think: now, every time they see a garnish, they will think of virtue :D

    ReplyDelete