Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 194: Dragonfly

On our nature adventure (mentioned in my previous post) I almost ran into this guy with my face. We were walking along the trail when I looked at Boyd, then looked where I was going, when this dragonfly almost poked my eyeball out. I, of course, freaked out, jerked my head away and tried not to scream. Then, I noticed that it hadn't moved at all. At first I thought it was dead. I took this opportunity to take a picture of a nonthreatening insect. If it really was dead, then it couldn't get me. So I eased on in closer and closer. Then, when I felt like I had a good shot of this dragonfly, I took 10 steps back and told Boyd to shake the branch it was on. It was actually alive! Yikes! It could have gotten me. And to think I was only about 2 inches away from it.

1 comment: