Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 190: Zoo Photo Contest

HELP!
The Cleveland Zoo is hosting a Photo Safari Contest
for amateur photographers.
I am allowed to enter 3 pictures but can't decided which ones to enter.
Pick your top 3 favorite and let me know!

#1: Koala
(I'm pretty sure I'll enter this anyway. While we were looking at the Koala the zoo keeper was telling me that Koalas sleep 18-22 hours a day. As we were speaking the Koala woke up! This is a rare picture with his eyes open)


#2: Spoonbill


#3: Gorilla
#4: Sun Bear


#5: Tiger
#6: Monkey Mom


#7:Giraffe
#8: Orangutan

#9: Bald Eagle


#10:Sloth
*All pictures were taken by Allison except for the tiger, which was taken by Boyd

6 comments:

  1. The tiger is by far my favorite...dang it, Boyd! But 1, 3, and 4 are also great. Love the expressions you captured of those animals. I think a tighter crop on the koala might make it pop even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend:
    1 – with a tighter crop like Katie suggested.
    3 (that’s a million dollar face) and 6 (the colors are stunning).
    Why I wouldn’t choose the others:
    2 – love this angle and the eyes, but the light levels seem a bit too high.
    4 – this one seems to be too far away.
    5 – love the smirk on his/her face, but I always imagine tigers with a richer orange color. Also, I wish there was a little more contrast between the tiger and the background.
    7 – that dang red tag. Also, the light levels seem a bit too high.
    8 – I love this photo. The colors are great and so is her expression, but on closer examination it seems a little too grainy/blurry. (I might be wrong on this one.)
    9 – love the eye, but I wish there was more contrast with the entire head of the eagle.
    10- I love the colors in this photo, but I can't see his head.
    I’m not trying to be critical. I actually love all of these photos. I think 1, 3 or 6 could very well win you this competition.

    ReplyDelete