Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 176: Camping at John Bryan

This weekend we went camping with Carrie, Kelly, and the girls. We had so much fun! Boyd used to go camping at the John Bryan State Park when he was a kid.


We built a fire with wood that we collected from the forest.

We played with the fire.

We took some pictures

I made the girls sit on this tree. We got most of our wood from it.

This was their favorite. They kept telling everybody about this tree and how it had fallen over and you could see the roots.

We toasted some mallows

And made some s'mores


This is Boyd's perfect mallow

In the morning we woke up to this spider web hanging from a tree. It wasn't there the night before. I can't believe how perfect it was. It was like something from Charlotte's Web. This also reminds me of how we would hike around and get spider webs in our faces.

We hiked around the Clifton Gorge. It was a "gorgeous gorge" as Carrie would put it.

Best of all we played shoot the raccoon. (with your flashlight) These rascally little devils had no fear and at night they kept sneaking around our campsite. Boyd, Kelly, and I would listen for them and then spotlight them with our flashlights. Boyd said that was the most fun he had ever had with a flashlight. I have never heard a raccoon hiss and growl before. It totally freaked me out. I even had a night mare that night that the raccoons took their little claws and slowly sliced their way into our tent. In the morning we saw this mom with her two babies.
I wish I had my nice camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment