Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 159: Honk Honks

Ohio has tons of geese. They are everywhere! On Sunday we went to the Storm's house after Isaac's baby blessing. In their backyard they have some geese near their pond. Boyd took Heidi and Charlotte out to see the "honk honks." If you are like me, you would have assumed honk honks are nice little birds that just make noises and waddle around. When we moved here I thought it was so neat to hear them fly above my head honking away as they flew south for the winter. I thought they were so cool and neat. However, if you have ever met a goose in real life you know better. I had no clue they were vicious little rascals. They will hiss and charge at you any chance they get. Even the babies all hissed. Boyd said they were just walking around hissing at everything. While they were out there Boyd put the girls in a bench and they threw grass the lure the honk honks in. Boyd said they got within one foot of the bench, and the girls loved it! Heidi decided to jump off the bench and a mother goose charged her. Immediately, she hopped up on the bench again. Boyd said she had no problems sitting still after that! Maybe geese aren't such a bad thing after all.


This guy didn't like me walking towards him as I tried to snap a picture.
I wish I could have captured him hissing only I was too busy running away.

1 comment: