Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 157: MELT

Last night Boyd and I got to hang out with Taylor. He was in town helping his sister move to Cleveland and we took this opportunity to try out this restaurant we have been dying to go to. Melt is supposedly this amazing grilled cheese joint where they have gourmet grilled cheeses. It was featured on the hit T.V. show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. (Boyd and I LOVE this show. However the other day I was listening to the radio and they were talking to Guy Fieri. He was talking about Triple D and how most of the time he doesn't actually like the food! My world came crashing down! Who can I trust?!?!) Anyway,the portions were HUGE but the food wasn't sooooo amazing that it was completely unique to the restaurant. We had to wait an hour and a half, but it seemed like much longer. Our waitress told us we were brave to come in on a Saturday night because the wait is usually 3 hours! Even though the wait was forever I did like their creative way of putting you on "the list." They had us draw a name tag out of the bucket (our was Janet Jackson) and I wore that name around till the hostess came and found us. I'm still not sure if the food was worth the wait. It was still good but it just makes us want to go home and make grilled cheese to out do the restaurant. I was so excited to post this yesterday but got car sick on the way home. Maybe greasy food and city driving aren't such a good combo.


This is their Westside Monte Cristo. It has honey ham, smoked turkey, swiss, american, that's deep fried in a beer battered. To top it off you dip it in a raspberry sauce. Yikes!


We're so happy we got to see Taylor while he was here!



No comments:

Post a Comment