Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 15: Whatever I want - Disney Trip

We went to Disney World on Saturday. It was awesome!
 
Forget editing pictures.
Forget even using my nice camera.
That's right, I ditched my nice camera during this trip and brought my point and shoot. 
It was supposed to be raining all day and I just didn't want to deal.
Want to know something? It was so nice not having to lug around 5 lbs of camera!
Want to know something else? It didn't even rain.
It was 70 degrees and a perfect day!
 
My family tradition: Taking a picture in front of the grassy Mickey head.
 
 One of the best things we did was to arrive 1 hour early. Although we had to get up at 5:30 a.m. it was totally worth it.
 Why does my hand look so awkward?
 
The first ride we rode was space mountain. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. It was kinda boring and I was expecting more. Oh well, we made up for it by walking on to the Buzz ride. I love this ride so much! The best part was we literally walked right on to the ride, no lines.
 
 
Then it was off to the new fantasy land.
It was fantastic!
They had a new rides but the best part was "Enchanted Tales with Belle"
Wow. It was awesome!
They give the children parts to play then you put on a show for Belle.
Zoe was Mrs. Potts, Eli was Chip, and Micah was Philippe
 
 
Next:
Probably the best part of the day.
Amber and I went on splash mountain.
Because it was a rainy day, there wasn't a line.
Again, we walked right on to the ride. Pretty much the best feeling ever.
Second best part: we had our own log. The guy was like "Uh, sit where ever you want to"
Third best part: We totally got stuck at the end. (after the drop thank goodness)
For some reason the ride broke down and we had like 6-7 logs behind us. We totally had giggle fits and we were laughing hysterically.
 
 Ha ha
 
 
Epcot
 
 
They were having a special flower display going on. It was really awesome.
P.S. see those hot dogs? They really smelled like hot dogs. weird
 
 
 Boyd and I went on a food quest. We had egg rolls in China and dessert in France. Holy YUM! Boyd had pain au chocolat, which is a pastry with chocolate under the flaky, buttery, soft, pillowy, layer. I had a french chocolate carmel tart. It was fun to see Boyd speaking french. Oh food, I live for food. It's a good thing we were walking all day.
 
Brooke was my buddy. Is it terrible that I love when she comes running to me and wants me to hold her and I totally will for as long as she wants me to? Spoiled!
 
 I love that this Cheetos bag is like 1/2 her size and that she would carry it around all by herself.

 The BEST part of Epcot:
They have this Phineas and Ferb game you can play in the different countries. (it used to be Kim Possible) Anyway, the general idea: You have a special cell phone that gives you clues and when you go and find that specific clue, something will happen.
 
For example, my favorite clue: In the UK, Agent B, (that was our code name- but don't tell anyone) was told by Major Monogram to find the telephone booth.
This is Boyd telling me to get in the phone booth. (uh, Boyd there are already 4 people in there!)
How many people can you fit in a phone booth?
Two kids and three adults apparently.
 
Anyway, once inside we pressed the button on our phone and out came a golf ball! We then took the ball to the sports shop and inserted it into the "Ball analyzer" ( a golf ball cleaner). Then it showed a movie and we were on to our next clue.  
Soooooo much fun!
 
Boyd has always wanted to go inside the big ball at Epcot.
Here is proof that we did. This is us standing in line for the ride, which was a weird travel through time thing. But hey, CHECK, now Boyd has been inside the giant ball.
 
See Boyd's shirt? He always wears a BYU shirt when we travel or go to places like Disney. It was funny because all day people kept coming up to us and were like "go cougars!" or "hey I'm LDS too!" or "I graduated from BYU too." It's awesome.
 
 
Fun trip! I love Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment