Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 330: Pumpkin Pie

This year I made a really cute pumpkin pie. Can pumpkin pie be cute? I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for the crust. So I decided to take a circle cookie cutter and cut 1/2 circles and place them all around the edge. It was really cute! In the end it almost looked like a gigantic sun flower. 
When I was a Young Woman, my leaders taught us how to make pumpkin pie. I always thought it was so complicated; beating the eggs, then adding pumpkin, then the sugar & spice mixture, and having to slowly pour in the evaporated milk. Now that I'm older and have made a pumpkin pie every single Thanksgiving since, I look back and think "what was this ever hard?!?" I love making pumpkin pie almost as much as I love eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment