Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 295: Amish Country

We had such a fun filled weekend. Boyd's roommate, Jon Johnson, came for a visit and we decided to give him a tour of Ohio. 

Our weekend started out by going to Amish Country. 


We kept getting stuck behind buggies. 
Boyd said that he had never seen so many buggies out


 This buggy even had blinky lights. . .

 Our first stop was at our favorite place, Heini's 


 Ahhh, love the cheese

This is my favorite section. Where they have the crazy flavors of cheese like chocolate mint, chocolate peanut butter, orange pineapple,  blueberry cheesecake, rainbow sherbet, and pumpkin cheesecake. Of course they have other cheese, like cheddar, Swiss, Gouda, etc. But I love this section most of all.

Rainbow sherbet is one of my personal favorites. 

Our next stop was at Hershberger's. LOVE IT!
I have been craving Amish Kettle Corn for so long and finally got it. 

At Hershberger's we got to meet BIG BEN!
Boy is he BIG!



Then we got to pet some other animals. 
This guy really liked my camera 
and practically jumped the fence just to see what I was holding.

I was mean and told Boyd to pull this poor baby goat out of the milk canister just so I could take a picture of him. He was so cute and so tiny!







 I don't know where these Amish people get their animals from, but apparently they had a zonkey (zebra donkey) at their place. Only in Ohio will I see Zonkies.

 On our way out of Amish country Boyd spotted this sign. Our Grandma Miller is famous for her noodles. We just had to take a picture of Mrs. Miller's noodles, just for Grandma Miller.

2 comments:

  1. Big ben is HUGE!! wow. It's fun you do a post a day. I just read all of October. You have a fun life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon came to visit, and you didn't tell me? I'm so sad!

    ReplyDelete