Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 279: Day of Service

We have been crazy, overwhelmingly, busy lately. Boyd is stressed, I'm stressed. Blah! That is my lame excuse why I haven't blogged in 4 days. 

The prophets asked each ward to do a day of service. The Strongsville Ward decided to do their day of service by doing a huge food drive for the food bank. On Thursday from 2-8 Boyd and I were out and about passing out bags. Boyd was put in charge of passing out 4,000 yellow bags! With help from the Marcum family and our very nice brother in law Scott we got almost all of them passed out! Boyd and Scott were on a roll and did about 750. Boyd and I did about 250 because I didn't drive as fast as Scott and wasn't as Gusty because I didn't want to scratch our car. When we first started out Boyd and I were driving down a street and some lady was on her phone, getting our license plate number. I panicked and thought she was calling the police. We did look suspicious, hanging yellow bags on all the mail boxes from our car, but hey, we were doing a good thing! Anyway, Boyd and I drove off and two cop cars got behind our car! YIKES! My heart was pounding and I thought they were after us! Turns out there was some kind of commotion at the school down the street. Whew! After a long day Thursday and a lot of getting in and out of the car this is what our car looked like today!


Wow! Thanks Strongsville! 
Just think, our car was only one of many, and they all looked like ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment