Saturday, June 19, 2010

Manti Pageant

Last night we had the fun opportunity to go down to Manti with my family. We haven't been to the Manti Pageant in years and thought it would be fun to go before Boyd and I leave Utah. It was really cute because my mom packed us all sorts of fun snackies for the trip down. It was great! I haven't had a capri sun in years. Playing games was super fun, but then we got to the Pageant part. . . It was really (I'm going to try to put it nicely) Weird! The story line was really confusing and then the narration was extremely absurd! Boyd and I keep quoting it and every time we just end up laughing because throughout the pageant they would use phrases like "spiritual ecstasy" or "economic utopia". Boyd's favorite part is when they would narrate what the characters, mainly Joseph Smith, are doing for example. "climbing, kneeling, bending, burying, covering, stooping, gripping the fireplace" were all words used as the character was doing the action. My personal favorite part was at the end of the Pageant when the couple is "reunited" the first thing that came into my head was ZOMBIE! The girl was trying to put out her arms to welcome her husband, but since she was on a really steep hill she was kinda waddling down and it looked like a zombie!
Overall it was fun. We had a great time spending quality time with my family. I'm super glad we had this opportunity to go before we move to Ohio.



















"hands on waist means 'I love you'"


It was 29 years ago that my parents decided that they wanted to spend eternity together and it was at the Manti Pageant that they fell in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment