Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hiking The Y

Boyd and I have been wanting to hike the Y for quite sometime. I have been at BYU for 2 1/2 years and STILL haven't hiked it! For the past 2 years we kept telling ourselves that we need to hike the Y. Obviously we hadn't gotten around to it. Tonight, at 8:00 p.m. Boyd said, wanna hike the Y tonight, and I said Sure! So we did! Finally! It's a good thing too because Boyd is moving all of our stuff in a week and won't be back till my graduation and Megan's wedding. Anyway, to tell you a little bit about our adventure. We didn't leave our house till 8:45ish and started our little hike around 9. I had never hiked the Y and didn't realize that it wasn't easy. After the 2nd switch back I was done! For some reason my back was killing me and I could hardly walk. But I was determined. This is our only chance to hike it and I wasn't going to just give up. Boyd is amazing and is the most patient person I know! He stuck with my whining, complaining, whimpering, crying, waddling, and everything else I put him through. He even offered to give me a piggy back ride! Boyd is the strongest person I have ever met. After a lot of pain (If you ask Boyd he will probably tell you that I was being a pain in the butt), we finally made it to the top! Go us! I'm just glad we finally did it!



This was our first attempt to take a picture.


Second Attempt




Boyd, Why are your eyes almost closed? "IT'S SO BRIGHT! AHHH"


"Is that better?" - Boyd
"Yes, but now we have to turn the camera the other way so you don't keep cutting me off"- Allison




There we go, that's better!



"My eyes are closed!!!!"- Allison

This happen about 3 times before some random guy who had been hiking all day came to our rescue! The random hikey guy had been all the way to the top of the mountain. I couldn't believe it! We, I mean, I barely made it to the Y. I couldn't even imagine going all the way to the top of the mountain! What a crazy guy. But we are glad he came strolling by because now we have a good picture of us!


Ever wonder what Provo, Utah looks like at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment