Tuesday, July 22, 2014

On a happier note:

I think getting an iphone has made me lazy. 
(Thanks for the phone mom!) 
I find myself using my fancy camera less and less and using my phone more and more.
At the same time, I do take more pictures of things I ordinarily would have just skipped over.
Picture overload. Feel free to skip this post, unless you are bored.

iPhone update March-July

Lets start with this adorable one!
Boyd loves fluffy kitties! 

I made Chocolate Haupia pie. yum. 
 


This is Sister O'Baion. She is my favorite sister missionary ever!
I am determined to make her a part of my family someday.

Boy and I found the "FREE" stamp in Cleveland!



We finally made it to the Rock n Roll hall of fame

We moved apartments. 
(After our apartment got struck by lightning)
At 2:50 a.m. I awoke to bright lights in our window. I heard the rolling thunder and drifted back to sleep. Again I woke up to more thunder and lightning. As I was staring out the window I saw the brightest light I had ever seen in my life. It instantly filled the room in a flash. I immediately heard the loudest boom that left my ears ringing. Our entire apartment shook as if there were an earthquake. I was so terrified that I screamed and grabbed Boyd's leg. I screamed at the top of my lungs but couldn't even hear myself because of the explosive roar. Then darkness. Our power had completely gone out. When my ears stopped ringing, I heard even more ringing. The fire alarm was going off in our hallway. Was our apartment on fire? Dang it, I should grab some clothes. Should I grab my computer. Do I have time to pack? Wait, what just happened?  As we rolled out of bed I had Boyd check the hallway. Nothing there. Just the ringing of the fire alarm. It sounded like a school bell. It went off for 5 minutes.  Then 10. I asked if we should call the fire department. I bet someone already had. 20 minutes passed. Nothing. Finally 25 minutes later we saw flashing lights through our window.  It took another 15 minutes of them inspecting to turn our alarm off. 
(Boyd's favorite part about the alarm sign is that they put an apostrophe S after the word system. It makes him giggle.)

Glasses.com is the best app ever.
 I tried on glasses for my birthday. Still haven't gotten a pair. 
Turns out I have Asian face! 
(Which means my nose is too short to actually wear cute glasses without my eyelashes touching the lens each time I blink)
I'm still looking for a pair that fits my Shih Tzu face

Thao-Linh had a get together where we learned how to make spring rolls! 
Yum, our new household favorite.
 We sure do love our Thao-Linh. Thanks for keeping my husband on track the last 2 years.





I updated my resume finally


 Boyd bought me fun flowers for my 25th Birthday.
They look like Van Gogh. He knows me well. 


Sharyn came to visit!
She, Jenny, and I were making a music video and noticed that it looked like someone took a bite out of Sharyn's head. Jenny and I spent the next 5 minutes trying to get ours to look like hers.

I drew an alligator for a kid at school. 
 The kid asked me to draw another one only in blue. 
I got distracted and didn't finish, so I handed him the board and told him to finish drawing it. 
I looked down at it and he gave me a sheepish look after realizing he couldn't recreate my original drawing.  "It's an alligator truck" was his reply
HAHAHA kids are funny. I thought it was so creative!

This lama killed me! I cried from laughing so hard. 

We celebrated father's day. 
This is the card I got for Boyd. 

Sharyn introduced me to Rosati's custard!
Holy delicious batman! I got coconut cream pie.


 I tend to leave my hair on the shower wall. (gross, I know)
Instead of telling me to clean it up, 
Boyd made a cowboy boot with it! haha

I was really proud of the art project I came up with for the kids at school. 
I may or may not have fixed their planes during nap time. 

We took a short trip down to Dayton, where Carrie now lives! 
We went to Family Day with the Dayton Dragons. 

 Love these girls!

 Frozen Birthday Parties are the best!


 I made these AWESOME sparklers for the kiddies at school
(again, during nap time)
They loved them!

 Boyd and I played with real sparklers on the 4th!

Why didn't Noah just let those dang mosquitoes die? 
Apparently they decided to turn me into a unicorn. haha
 Love my giant, swollen, forehead?


Boyd and I don't have a dishwasher in our new duplex.
Out of laziness I decided to scoop all of our cookies at once and freeze them so I wouldn't have to wash our cookie scoop more than once. One of my best ideas yet.  Now we have a big bag of cookie dough balls in our freezer and I don't feel like I have to make 2 dozen at a time (as an added bonus, it gives the cookie a chewier texture, but still maintains that crisp edge, soft inside)


More posts to come. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment