Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hawaii part 2

Week 2 was bliss. Too bad Boyd had to go back to school.

We ate so much food! Seriously, sooooo much food.
I probably gained 5 lbs from eating all the deliciousness


Hands down my absolute favorite place was TED'S 
Home of the chocolate Haupia Cream Pie
(Chocolate coconut)

I made sure we had a steady stock of pie at all times.
No joke, we ate pie. Every. single. night. 
Also at TED'S: Crab Bacon Sandwich.
I have no word.
JK. I do have one word. Delicious


If you ever go to Hawaii, please remember one thing.
It is called Shave Ice.
Not Shaved ice. SHAVE ice. (no d)


Ok, now that we have established that fact. Enjoy more pictures of food.
My friend Sharyn always says "Everything is better with sweetened condensed milk" It's true.

Aaaaannnnnnd even more food.
I shared this. I promise.
Love me some Dole Whip
We had a good time at the Dole Plantation

My dad, mom, and I rocked that maze!


I loved spending time with Sammie. She is so adorable! What a doll.

Instead of hiking Diamond head, Megan and I went to the zoo. Fun!
This cow picture cracks me up.

Behind this gate: Paradise
Seriously, the Hukilau house spoiled me.
Having the beach in your back yard is the best.
It was bliss walking out of your house, to the beach, and then coming back to a warm shower.

Tom rented Kayaks from this hippie dippie lady on the beach.
$40, all day, life jackets included. Deal!

We rocked it! Saw some sea turtles. Explored Goat island. Hit those waves. Had some fun.
I got so burnt from kayaking (and sitting on the beach)
A few days after I got home the skin on my thighs peeled off, in one sheet.
CAUTION: Do not look at the next picture if it grosses you out. 

moving on to funnier things. 
Megan and Tom took the kayaks out. 5 minutes later I saw them coming back. 
I ran down to the beach and saw Megan flopping out of the kayak. 
She had totally gotten sea sick! Poor thing. 
  

Right after I snapped this pic a huge wave came crashing down on Megan, flipping her feet above her head. It was too funny

This critter was found in the sofa sleeper! YIKES! I had a hard time falling asleep that night and kept feeling like things were crawling on me. Although, watching my dad and brothers trying to catch him for 30 minutes was pretty entertaining.

on our last day we went to the Byodo-In Temple to kill time before our flight


My favorite part was finding a whole shelf of these little Buddhas in the gift shop.
I may or may not have arranged them to spell Ohio. hahaha.
Whats round on the ends and high in the middle?
O - H - I - O


Why did the chicken cross the road?

I don't know, but you can ask the rest of these Hawaiian chicks. There are chickens everywhere!


Next stop:
Nu'uanu Pali Lookout
Where it is windy (and my dad is putting his arms in the air and is waving like he just doesn't care)
Check out my hair mustache. Yup, I'm cool like that. haha
SO seriously windy.
You are supposed to throw a penny into the abyss and it comes flying back at you. (Totally worked!)


Last stop Waikiki beach at sun set.
Love this babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment