Thursday, February 7, 2013

Washington D.C.: Firsts

 This is my first time riding any form of public transportation. 


For Real. 
I have never ridden a public bus (exception: school bus)
I have never ridden Trax, a train, a metro, etc. 
I rode the Metro for the VERY first time in Washington D.C. 
and I lived to tell the tale. Actually, I had anxiety over riding the metro.
I was worried about selecting the correct line, timing, the fact that it was something new, most of all I was worried about the germs, and the crazy people that might be riding with us.
Although, we did have a lot of fun making a run for the metro and finding out we were on the wrong one, or just missing it, or just making it for that matter, or best of all, taking the metro to Costco!



 First time in a metro station. It was dark. . . and dirty . . . and frankly I didn't like touching the escalator hand rails.

Speaking of firsts and escalators. . . 
This HAS to be the LONGEST escalator I have ever seen in my entire life! 
When we got on, I looked up, and you couldn't even see the top of it. 
I grabbed my point and shoot and ended up with this.
 We are about 1/3 way up, the white lights up to only mark the 1/2 way point. It was crazy long. 
So: First time I have ever ridden a gigantic escalator.

No comments:

Post a Comment