Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Washington D.C. : Day 3

 Our day started out at Jefferson. 
It was close to where we parked. 
Word to the wise: Free parking south of the Mall, near Jefferson. 




Next we went to the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
If you are ever in D.C. I highly suggest going here. 
It was really fascinating and fun.
We got a sneak peek at the new $100 note.
We saw what $40,000,000 looks like in a stack. 

Apparently I'm only worth $1,444,600 in $100 notes

Boyd is worth much more. 

 
I'm a total sucker and purchased a $1 note for $5. 
It was "lucky money"
2013 is the year of the snake, also my year. I couldn't resist. 
I look so Asian. Wait, I am so Asian.


 Ahh, we finally got a picture in front of the Washington monument when it wasn't dark.


Next, we were off to the Natural History Museum. 

 This is Boyd's "dinosaur" face. 


One of my absolute favorite parts of D.C. was the gem exhibit. 
WOW!
That topaz is 22,892.5 carats. 
Let me repeat that
twenty two THOUSAND eight Hundred Carats!

 I spent quite some time in this room. It was simply fantastic!

After the natural history museum we were exhausted. 
I wanted to see the white house 
 I didn't have the energy to walk there  
didn't want to spend the money for the metro ride there and back
didn't way to pay for a taxi or rickshaw
Didn't know what to do. . . 
I'll post later on about how we got there. 
But we made it to the white house!
(at least the back of it)


Still completely exhausted we made it to Lincoln that evening. 


On the way back to the car we spotted this guy. I don't remember who he was. Anyone? 
I'm glad Boyd lets me take funny pictures of him next to strange statues.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys were able to take such a fun trip! Your pictures are awesome! We need to play soon!

    ReplyDelete