Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Apple Picking


 Between sessions of Conference weekend we went apple picking at Stotler's orchard. We were very lucky and missed the down pour of rain that came our last few minutes of picking. 
 We picked 3 bushels or 6 bags. ("6 bee-aggs" - if you ask an Ohio resident)
We let our apples dry before putting them away. 


Somebody picked this "snow white apple"
Beautiful!

 It was gigantic! Look at it compared to a "normal" apple.

Boyd and I did a good job picking plenty of Golden Delicious apples. They sure were delicious. 



 This one looks like a ______
(I will let you fill in the blank) 


 

Our in motion picture (below)
After it had started pouring
even though this is a blurry picture I like it because you can see the wet/dirty spot on Boyd's shirt, all in the name of getting the biggest, prettiest, juciest, apples.  He wanted this bunch of apples at the very tip top of one of the trees. I somehow ended up on his shoulders, flexing my abs to keep myself from falling, trying to pick these "perfect" apples. Then he hoisted Heidi up and she polished off the pretty apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment