Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Catch Up

I figured since I put in the effort to decorate for Christmas 
I might as well take pictures to remember the good job I did. 
(thanks for the help Nicolette!) 
And if I'm going to take pictures, I might as well save those pictures on my computer.
If I'm going to put the effort into saving them I might as well blog about it.





So. . . . 
This nutcracker has been the center of many a conversations in our home lately. 
It is called "THE MAMMOTH THING", "the GIGANTIC cracker", or anything having to do with the fact that this thing is HUGE, and I love that it is ginormous.
It's only about 20" but when placed next to a normal nutcracker it becomes a beast. 
Boyd thinks it's too big.
I caught him talking to this (below) much smaller/normal sized nutcracker. He told the little nutcracker that it was a good nutcracker and it should get a gold medal for being the right size. haha. 
 I love these silver nutcrackers. I got my inspiration from one of my favorite blogs 4men1lady . Michelle used to be one of my Young Women leaders when I was a wee biddy girl. Now she is some awesome kick butt blogger and I love everything she does. Although, my DIY projects don't turn out as cool as hers. For example the UGLY Santa below. I was going to turn him into something cool but got lazy half way through and he ended up in the garbage. So I ended up purchasing my awesome nutcrackers. Yup, that's the way I do things. I was really excited because I had been nutcracker hunting all winter long. I only found a handful. I got my silver nutcrackers from Target after Christmas for a mere $15!  I was giddy considering I saw one two days before that for $80.



 This tiny nutcracker survived and didn't get painted/thrown away. Lucky little guy.

Our tree is a whole different story. 
Boyd and I were planning on going shopping the day after but we got too excited about having a tree and ended up purchasing this one from Target the second week in December. We ended up going to about 4 different Targets but we found the perfect tree for us.
 
 Each year my mom gets us ornaments for Christmas. Here are a few from the past.


 



I've been a weasel lately. I found these awesome moose at tjmax and got them at a nice discounted price because the base was chipping. Awesome. 

The same thing happen with this tree. It is missing the top leaf in the back. I asked about it and they gave it to me for 75% off.  I hate being bold but it has been totally worth it.
 


 
I think I might keep the owls out year round. They're really fun.

Last but not least, the BEST invention ever. 
A remote control for the power outlets. AMAZING.
After crawling under the tree once and behind the computer desk (to plug the remote boxes in) that was enough for me. I loved having twinkle lights at the click of a button. Worth every penny.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your cute decorations! Next year I'l have you come decorate my house! :)

    ReplyDelete