Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Birthday Board DIY

Birthday Board DIY



Thanks pinterest for the idea.
Speaking of pinterest, I don't really understand why we thank pinterest, or say we got the idea from pinterest, or why we refer to it as if it were a person. So what I really should say is thanks to the lady who originally made this and for pinning it so I could steal your idea.





Step 1:
Prime



The wooden nickles can be found at any craft store
Don't forget to make extra circles for kids to come


Step 2: Sort
I picked a different color for each family


Step 3: Pick your paint

Step 4: Paint
Mine took about 5 coats.
Note to self: Buy better paint next time.

Step 5: Put your vinyl lettering on. My font: Cinnamon Cake
(shout out to Sharyn for letting me use her silhouette for cutting the vinyl) 

Step 6: Screw in the smallest eyelet screw you can find

Step 7: Drill a hole at the top and bottom of the circles
and use a jewelry link to connect the two circles.
(My fantastic hubs did all of this while I was at girls night)


Step 8: Connect all the links and Enjoy!

Step 9: Make your husband take a billion pictures just so you can have it for your blog


A big thank you to this handsome guy


Sometimes when he uses the camera I get pictures like these. ha.





5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the handsome guy and why is my name NOT under the month of March?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get the wood, what kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hope, I got the wood from Hobby Lobby. It's found in their wood craft section and was only $3. They also have the same thing at Joanns. Good Luck! Let me know how yours turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete